Saturday, April 2, 2011

"Well, isn't this how it should be?"


Tonight, I went to my Professor's house for dinner with a few other students from class. I'd never gotten to do that until today but had always hoped I would. I obviously don't have a picture of his house but the above is the closest I could get to it, isn't is beautiful? His property sits on 9 acres and it feels like he ripped a page out of a vacation home catalog and decided that's where he'd live. It made me re-consider some of the items on my home wish list when the time comes.
He made dinner from scratch, nothing frozen like I resort to sometimes! He seared salmon and made a pasta dish with olive oil, rosemary, onions, and cherry tomatoes. We set the table, had flowers, candles, great music, soft lighting, the whole shebang. When I commented on how lovely dinner was and when was the last time there were flowers and candles on the dinner table he said, "Well, isn't this how it should be?" What a fantastic idea. Dinner isn't just meal time, it's an experience you create.
The food was amazing, and what good meal ends without dessert? Dulce de Leche Ice Cream with Pear Preservatives and Almond Biscotti. None of which i'd normally consider dessert since it wasn't chocolate but it was delicious. Get-into-the-bottom-of-the-bowl delicious. What a fantastic night!

No comments:

Post a Comment