Wednesday, June 29, 2011

20 something


Friday was my big 22nd birthday and while I had a fabulous day (weekend even), I haven't been able to shake the anxiety of turning one year older and feeling none the wiser. Your 20's are the most stressful time in your life, or so I hear, and I wholeheartedly agree. When i'm not stressed about finding a job, I worry about what I eat, what i'm wearing, where i'm going, keeping up with family and friends, watching how I spend, and the list goes on and on. I always thought this was just me, but after reading this brilliant article, I feel a little better knowing everyone else in their 20's is going through it too. Yesterday, a co-worker a few years older than myself talked about where she was at my age and so many of her statements resonated with me. The uncertainty, the hindsight, the heartbreak, all the ups and downs- we all experience it and hearing her story reinforced the idea that you just have to go through it for yourself and come out stronger in the end. So here is the article that put my mind at ease. It's funny, clever, and bluntly honest. Have a read and share your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment